Friday, April 6, 2012

Spring Cleaning tips

I am taking advantage of the rainy days off this spring break to do a much needed spring clean of my house. Today I ran out of glass cleaner. Since it is easier and quicker to google than run to the store I tried a homemade glass cleaner recipe that I found on a few sites.

Glass Cleaner
Mix the following in a spray bottle, mine was 32 oz.

1/4 cup rubbing alcohol
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
2 cups warm water

You need to shake the bottle before using to re-suspend the cornstarch.

The glass cleaner did a great job. After I made it I looked at the ingredients of my non-toxic glass cleaner bottle...to find that it is pretty much the same stuff!

Try it.

Another spring-cleaning thing I'm doing is committing to practice every morning and getting more veggies in my diet. I have found that having some homemade juice at breakfast is a great way to do this. Most days I am juicing with a piece of peanut butter toast. My favorite juice blend is below.

1 beet
2 handfuls kale
2 carrots
1 pear

Some days I have a parsnip instead of a beet and once in a while I am adding an apple or a peeled orange. When I have it I throw in a chunk of ginger. Any juice suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment